Total Time: 25 minutes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
Zest/juice of 1 lemon, divided
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
4 (6-oz) firm, white fish fillets (swordfish or halibut), thawed
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 cup white wine
– Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
– Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
– Chop pistachios.
– Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (3 tablespoons).
1. Combine pistachios, bread crumbs, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and melted butter until blended.
2. Place fish on baking sheet; top with pistachio mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily).
3. Place capers and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium sauté pan on medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until capers brown slightly. Stir in wine and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; simmer 1-2 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about one-half. Serve sauce under fish.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Publix